People are often over-thinking it when they’re trying to fix energy issues, hormones or a digestive condition.
They think that because their issue has persisted for a long time, and nobody has been able to figure it out, that it must be super complicated. So they try biohacking with peptide injections, NAD+ or IV Vitamin therapy, taking 10-15 different types of supplements and other obscure therapies, . Or they’ll spend months or years searching for a proper diagnosis.
Most people are overlooking some very basic principles. These are simple strategies that follow the rules of nature but are required pre-requisites to healing.
Sometimes it’s as simple as providing the body what it needs and then getting out of it’s way.
These are some initial strategies I help my clients implement:
1) Targeted, personalized nutrition based on a precise lab workup. A ratio of carbs, fat and protein to include in our diet, a list of foods for specific deficiencies, sensitivities to avoid and the best way to combine and cook those foods.
Basically what to eat, what not to eat, how much and how often to eat and how to prepare it.
Use of supplements to correct severe deficiencies.
2) An assessment of malabsorption, dysbiosis, methylation, detoxification, neurotransmitters and mitochondrial function.
3) Corrected circadian rhythm. This is critical to virtually every function in the body. Getting the body back into a restorative pattern of sleep.
4) A clean source of water to drink, bathe and cook with. Adding the right concentration of minerals back into drinking water
5) Cleaning stale and toxic air from our indoor environment. Filtering the particulates and VOC’s found in almost all homes and offices.
6) Mitigating or minimizing EMF exposure. Wearable wireless tech, Bluetooth, WiFi and cellphones. Using technology in a safe manner and practicing the precautionary principle.
7) Safe, sufficient sun exposure and use of light with less risk from things like flicker or an altered spectrum
If your body is going to heal it needs the right nutrients and environment first and foremost. These are some of the basic first steps needed to permanently resolve fatigue, hormonal or gut issues. I spend the first few weeks helping my patients implement these changes in my 3-month programs. These programs work for motivated, health-conscious individuals. Most of my clients have been to numerous doctors, often trying several approaches and running a lot of tests but they still haven’t found a solution. I also work with clients who don’t have a serious health issue, but they want to optimize their health.
If this sounds like something you’re interested in, send me a message and I’ll help you out with any questions about the approach.https://radiantlifenaturopath.ca/meet-the-team/dr-clayton-bostock-nd/